Preparing Your Home to Sell
Are you selling your home? Getting your home ready can be overwhelming, but Matterly is here to help! We take pride in helping our Matterly fam make their homes as beautiful and inviting as possible. Check out these tips on how to best prepare your home to look its best for potential buyers!
- Improve your landscaping and curb appeal, since that is the first thing buyers see.
- Mow and trim grass
- Prune overgrown trees and shrubs
- Weed flower beds.
- Pressure wash and remove grease and oil stains from driveway
- Liven up your front porch and door.
- Touch up nicks, or add a fresh coat of paint
- Add some plants or other décor
- Place a beautiful doormat at the front door (you knew this was coming 😉)! Adding a Matterly mat before the front door, and inside the front entryway will not only make your home look good and inviting, but it will also prevent tracking throughout the house as potential buyers visit your home.
- Make as many repairs as you can afford to. Unless you are pricing it below market value to sell as-is, taking the time to make repairs can get you a better offer.
- If you can, repaint your home. Adding a fresh coat of paint to a lived-in property can help it look like new.
- Remove clutter and store away as much as you can.
- Depersonalize the home by removing family photos, so you give buyers the opportunity to envision their own lives in the house instead of feeling like they are intruding into someone else's.
- Organize your closets. People will look in there, so showcase them!
- Clean, clean, clean. I recommend having a professional cleaner come in right before your home is listed. Be sure to keep it clean for every showing.
- Eliminate bad odors. You may have gotten used to smells in your home, but home buyers will be able to quickly pick up on pet and smoke odors.
- Use air fresheners or bake treats to make the house smell good!
- Keep your decor and furniture simple and light. You want to showcase the size of the home without it being overwhelmed by too much stuff. I can offer recommendations for professional stagers.